A growing and dynamic marketing agency based in Central London is looking to recruit an experienced Bookkeeper (‘BK’). This is an extremely busy and varied role giving you the opportunity to support the two Founders with a variety of Team BK duties that include implementing an ambitious growth strategy. The role will be office based with the opportunity to agree some flexible home-based remote working.
We’re a disruptor in the marketing space. We’re a client-focused, entirely independent media agency in the heart of London who work with like-minded, accelerating brands in the UK and overseas.
Founded by passionate media strategists, we challenge the traditional formats of offline media. Our belief is that media planning should be data-driven, transparent, and most importantly; measurable.
Our impressive range of clients include household names like Amazon, PureGym, Uber, and Waitrose amongst many others.
Following a strategic review, we have committed to invest significantly in our organisation to build on our success to date and set us up with the expanded team, infrastructure, and processes for the future. A key element of this strategy is to recruit a highly experienced and creative Bookkeeper to support the Founders to implement strategies. This will put the Bookkeeper at the very centre of the agency offering the successful candidate the exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the organisation.
Key requirements include at least 2 years’ experience working in a similar role within a client centric environment where there are multiple business lines, responsibilities, and liaison with varied external stakeholders. This role requires excellent communication skills and a high level of initiative and commercial skills with the ability to anticipate events and requirements in real time. The role will be an exciting start to help build our finance department and implement structured processes. It would suit an ambitious professional who would relish the opportunity to help shape a fast-growing organisation through helping to put in structures, processes, and ideas. Attention to detail along with excellent technical skills and a can-do attitude is a must.
What we can offer
- Incredible development opportunities working closely with the directors
- Freedom to work your own way
- Be part of an energetic team with unlimited support
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working from home and at our modern central London office, near Shoreditch
Required Skills & Experience
- Accomplished communication skills and ability to manage ‘different’ stakeholders
- Experience using QuickBooks is essential
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite (Office 365), in particular Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint (excellent presentation skills)
- Time-management – can prioritise, meet deadlines and motivate others to deliver on time
- Professional and confident telephone manner
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate the needs and requirements of the two Founders and prompt them as required
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Financial reconciliations including bank and balance sheet control accounts.
- Month end preparations & posting journal entries including payments & accruals, fixed assets & depreciation, payroll etc.
- Raising and managing all business Purchase Orders.
- Be responsible for implementing new processes to improving invoice management from suppliers
- Preparation of monthly management reporting, P&L & variance analysis, balance sheet & cashflows.
- Forecasting cashflow projections & annual budgeting preparation and reporting.
- Manage annual accounts submissions and information for accountants.
- Sales ledger management and credit control duties.
- Purchase ledger & Supplier payments processing.
- Cashflow reporting.
- Invoice preparation.
- Managing monthly pay runs.
- Improving reporting within the finance systems.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Office Administration & Ad hoc duties.
Qualities required include
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment; with high levels of energy, tenacity and focus
- Intuition; able to assess a situation and take initiative but not be afraid to ask for help
- Self-starter; proactive, inquisitive, and willing to learn
- A “solutions-focused” and structured thinker who enjoys a challenge
- Ability to multi-task but also say “no” at the appropriate time
- Good people person
- Can demonstrate sound judgement and not afraid to make decisions
- Calm crisis manager – confident and able to challenge
How can we help?
Please fill in the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.